Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hmm...

Hmm...not real sure what to write about tonight. I have all sorts of thoughts rolling around my head. In regards to my Bible reading for the night, I'll be honest, some of it just seems so strange to me. Tonight's reading was about Jacob. First, he deceived his father and yet he was the one who ended up with the blessing. Then, he goes, meets Rachel, and he ends up being the one deceived and Leah gets caught in the mess. Then Leah is able to have children while Rachel is barren, and then they get in a competition of who can have the most children via their servants. Does anyone else find all of this a little strange? I guess in the end it is another representation of how God uses broken and messed up people to fulfill his purposes. All of this story will lead to what will become the lineage that is used to bring Christ to earth. It also shows that throughout history, we have all been and all are desperately in need of a savior. I'll admit though, it doesn't mean that there are still some things about these stories and people that I am interested in learning one day, oh well, guess that will have to come later.

On another note, my heart is still burdened for Haiti. I guess that is a feeling that isn't going to go away for a while. I am happy for the many miracles that have been happening there as people are rescued, but I also feel heartbroken for the many stories that don't end that way. All I want to do it go and adopt a whole family of Haitian children. I already wanted to adopt from Haiti and now it just makes me want to do it all the more, and soon. In all seriousness, I do pray that if that is a part of God's plans for our lives at some point that He would confirm and reveal those plans in His time. Regarding our friends who are currently adopting from Haiti, we heard tonight that there may be a small window of time where there is a possibility that they may get their children in days or weeks instead of months or years. Oh, how my heart yearns for them for that to happen! I know that God knows exactly how it all will play out, but I still pray that if it is His will, that may be the case. How wonderful it would be for those families to be united sooner than planned. Please if you have a moment, pray that these families may be brought together in the very near future.

Well, I guess that is all for the night. Not a ton of earth shattering thoughts, but I guess somedays that is just how it is. On a random note, I am currently in Boone, NC working a Student Life Ski event and I just had to go out in the hallway to tell a bunch of high school guys to stop running up and down the hallway. Oh, the joys of my job. Goodnight.

Today's Reading: Genesis 27-29

"And he believed the Lord and he counted it to him as righteousness." Genesis 15:6

No comments:

Post a Comment